A Better Recruiting System is Disruptive

Recruiting System

The world of recruiting features a much different landscape than it did a few years ago. Today, it’s an employee market, and if you want to find high-quality, enthusiastic, and hard-working people, you have to change how you recruit. It’s time to step out of the ordinary and start treating your recruiting system like an essential part of your business.

Think Beyond Job Boards

Did you know that only 3% to 5% of the job market is on a job board at any given time? If you post your job on Indeed, you’re competing with an extraordinary number of employers, all while missing out on 90% of potential applicants. That’s why it’s essential to have your job ad stand out. Stop regurgitating the same ad and copying what other companies are doing. Turn your ad into a marketing piece, and show people your company is the one they want to work for.

Make Your Interviews Count

Let’s say you usually interview your top five applicants, then choose who to hire from there. There’s nothing wrong with that recruiting system – unless you’re interviewing five people just to interview five people. With a thorough screening process, you will stop wasting your time and the applicant’s time. Consider your non-negotiables, ask the right questions, and ensure the candidate can do what they say they can.

Include an Offer Letter

You’ve done the hard part. You’ve found a candidate who stands out and will be an excellent fit for the role. Now, it’s even more critical to make sure your candidate is excited about the job and knows exactly what to expect on their first day and a few months from now. The best way to do this is with a well-written and engaging offer letter. Write out exactly what the candidate can expect from you and what you are expecting from them. When new employees feel excited and connected, they’re much more likely to stick around and be the high-quality employee they promised

Better Your Onboarding Process

Remember when we told you that only 3% to 5% of the available job market is looking on job boards? Well, if you want to take advantage of the other 95%, don’t be afraid to use the resources of your new employee. Chances are, they have friends who are curious about how their new opportunity is turning out, and the best time to get an employee to refer another employee is in the first 30 days of work.

However, this is only true if your onboarding process is transparent and effective. Don’t just hand over your new employee to their supervisor and go on your way. Get to know your new team member and make sure they feel valued. 

Use Your New Recruiting System

Getting high-quality employees comes down to being disruptive. Stand apart from other companies, make your interviews count, create a personable offer letter, better your onboarding process, and you’ll see an immediate payback in happy and hard-working employees. That’s our Hiring Quick Tip for the day, and to get even more helpful tricks of the trade, be sure to check out our free masterclass.

Latest posts by Ryan Englin (see all)