Preparing to Guest on the Show
Thank you for scheduling your interview on the Talent Tackle Box Podcast.
I look forward to recording your episode.
To make sure the sound recorded during the interview is the best quality possible, here are a few tips:
- We use Riverside.fm for recording. This platform requires the use of Google Chrome.
- Check your internet stability. Ethernet connections are preferred over WiFi.
- If possible use a computer instead of a phone or tablet.
- Be prepared to use earbuds or a headset.
- If you have a good USB Microphone please use it.
- Keep your mouth a consistent distance away from the microphone or computer at all times.
- Turn off all notifications on your computer.
- Turn off all sound on your phones and other devices as well.
- Find a quiet spot without a lot of noise like loud air conditioners, pets…
- Talk slowly and remember to breathe. There is no reason to be nervous. This is not going to be live. We can always edit to make you sound your best.
- Pause – pause before you answer a question and we will do the same before we ask one. This allows us better editing capabilities to rephrase questions after the fact if needed. Don’t be afraid of the silence.
- Tell stories and be yourself. This is the best way to get your message across. Reading from a script or giving out only sound bites is not an effective way to connect to an audience on a podcast.
Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have questions, concerns, technical issues, or need to reschedule for any reason.
How to Hire the Ones You Won’t Want to Fire
Learn the secrets to better interviews so you always hire the right people the first time in this comprehensive 66-page eBook that’s a must-read for anyone who hires.